So much for the "So I expect by the end of this week that I will be able to go ahead and get an appointment at the embassy" - rubbish! Still not had a whiff of the VISA paperwork and there are now only 48 days left! It took me about this amount of time for my mission to get an appointment at the embassy... scary!
Anyway, the good news is that (1) I have finished my exams! No more for about 19 months! and (2) I have found out what lab I'll be working in and which project domain. I'll be researching the neurogenetics of Parkinson's disease, working with Dr Matt Farrer, who happens to be English :) I'm quite excited for it all now. Matt sent me over some papers to start my reading up on it all, so I will start on them next week.
The last couple of days I've had a much more relaxing time, sorting things out in my room, playing violin and rehearsing with orchestra, watching a French film, shopping, and spending time with friends (thankfully they still recognise me after my hermit status during exams!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment